Friday, June 13, 2008

Lychee Heaven


They're here!!! Pidgeon picked me up a carton of Lychee yesterday and it was the best fruit I've tasted in a very, very long time.  Our greengrocer on Derech Beit Lechem, meanwhile, is happy too as I've been bugging them week in and week out asking when lychee would finally be available. I think they're just so happy I'm no longer bothering them with my incessant phone calls. 

So, its been a busy and productive week. Fortunately, I finished my first draft of one of my thesis stories. I have some edits to do on Saturday night, but then I'm sending it off to my advisor for his feedback and starting on my next story. Meanwhile, my Philosophy final was finally scheduled for June 26th at 9:00 a.m. and with only 13 days until test time, I better start reviewing my material. Granted, it took my Dad yelling at me to start studying to even think about studying, but I'll just be so happy with a passing grade and the course behind me.

Unfortunately, my cleaning lady quit on me this week. I was not pleased, as my floor was in desperate need of a washing from our Shavuot meal. And, rather than do any tidying up in advance, I just left everything for her to take care of. Big mistake. So, this afternoon, after Pidgeon and I got back from another morning at the Dr.'s office, I asked him to fill a bucket of water and cleaning solution, and I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. I absolutely HATE the sponga stick. Really, I find it annoying and clumsy. I'd much rather have either the Swiffer Wet Jet or a nice spongy mop. But, I did manage to do a nice job, and now my salon/kitchen area is just gleaming. It's nice to go into Shabbat with a clean home, and I'll probably end up scrubbing the toilets too. Sigh. Housework, at least it burns calories. I guess it's better than I wield the stick instead of a spoon. Although, the Haagen-Daaz in the freezer is definitely calling my name.

We're eating out both meals for Shabbat, which is a welcomed break for me! And, since we're having sleep over Shabbat guests next weekend, I'm thrilled to take a week off from cooking. Now, I just have to start thinking about food for next Shabbos. Fortunately, our guests offered to make a corned beef and since we're on a budget and we don't eat any meat, I jumped at the kind offer. I love, love, love beef so this will be a very welcomed treat!

Well, I think it's time for me to take a pre-Shabbos nap. My eyes are closing as I try to update this post, so I think I'm going to have to just give in and try to catch some Z's. 

Shabbat Shalom from Baka!


No comments: