Thursday, May 15, 2008

Let Them Eat Muffins!


Well, I honestly don't know where the energy came from, but I manage to bake some whole wheat muffins today. And, surprisingly, they were really good! I went with Shoshana's list and used whole wheat pastry flour, demerera sugar instead of white sugar and the rest of the ingredients were all approved on the list. The outcome was pretty delicious, and not as dense as I would have expected. That being said, I did use a cup of applesauce, so that probably helped with the consistency!




I was a complete insomniac last night, it was pretty awful. I was on the phone with folks in the States until 3:30 a.m. and then I just booted up the computer and served the net until I fell asleep for an hour at 7:30 a.m. I'm hoping tonight will be a bit better in the sleep department. 




We were up early this morning because our new beds arrived! Hallelujah! For some reason, before we got married, we decided to borrow Pidgeon's brother's beds as they left the Country on Shlichut. Well, no one told me that the mattresses were more than 12 years old and the box spring was close to 30 years old! Needless to say, the beds were a bit rough on my back. At first, I didn't complain and was thankful for the loan, but as time went on I realized that I just couldn't continue sleeping on them. So, we decided to go looking for the magical beds whose boxspring doubles as a storage unit. They finally came this morning around 9ish and I immediately went to work filling the storage with all of our sheets, blankets, towels and tablecloths. It took us about 2 hours worth of work to just get everything in and then make the beds, but I'm confident that it will be all worth it after a good nights sleep. Plus, it was getting hard for me to push myself up out of bed for my multiple late night nature calls. I'm hoping it will be easier to just "hop" down. 

After my hours of baking and bed making, I did another massive load of laundry and somehow manage to get some reading done for school. I'm looking forward to the start of my last semester next week. I'll be even happier once my program is finished, my exam taken, my papers in and my thesis defended. I'm really hoping to get my Masters done before the baby. That being said, writing isn't going very well, so I have to buckle down and get to work if I want to achieve my goal.

Well, it's close to 1:00 a.m. already and I'm wiped. Here's hoping for a wonderful night's sleep in our new beds!

Layla Tov from Jerusalem!



No comments: